Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Its late.

Well, its after 2 in the morning, and I am still up. Why? I don't know. Well, that's not entirely true. Do you ever have those moments when God keeps you up for what you deem is no apparent good reason? Well, I do. And its usually because God knows he has my undivided attention in these times.

Its time for me to recant my faith.

No, not my faith in Jesus Christ, my faith in me. A concept jumped into my head a while back, and it can be linked with Galatians 5:7 You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth? I do believe that I allowed Jeff to get in the way of Jeff.

So how do I keep from Jeff from getting in the way of Jeff?

I must abandon the belief that I can fix every thing in my life by myself.
I must abandon the belief that I have all the answers.
I must abandon the belief that I am in control.
I must abandon the belief that I am worthless. (Contradictory? Nope.)

I must surrender my will.
I must surrender my fear.
I must surrender my rights.
I must surrender my doubts.
I must surrender.

I must decrease so that Christ may increase.

No comments: