Friday, June 12, 2009

Late night ponderings.

Do you ever spend time with toddlers or little children? What goes on in your mind while you play/interact with them?

I love playing with kids. I love trying to make them smile, and chasing them as some horrible monster, which leads to me getting beat up(Pastor Rockstar's children are good at this, I discovered).

One thing I've come to realize that happens in those situations is that those that I interact with...they are the only ones in the world to me at that point in time. I automatically forget about what is going on next, what do I have to do, or any other thing that is so "important" and consumes my mind.

Every once in a while I will have a conversation with someone and I will end up with the same feeling... that nothing else in the world matters at the point of in time, but that conversation.

What do I take away from these different examples? That those things that consume my thoughts and worry about aren't always all that important. That I need to continue to be a better listener. And being silly for the little ones is always okay.

No comments: