Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The big 3 albums of 2009.

I hate listening to the same music over and over. That made accidentally dropping my ipod in a ditch while trying to trap a groundhog back in the spring all the more painful. (Yes, laugh all you want.)

Music keeps me going at times. I can listen to music when I am depressed, when I need encouragement, or when I'm working on a monotonous project at work (those chairs don't just jump into their set spots by themselves.)

There has been three albums that came out in 2009 that have made an impact on me in one way, shape, or form. And if you know me, you don't have to guess what they are. For the rest of you, I'll go ahead and share with you what they are.
1. Hillsong United: Tear Down the Walls.
This album came out in the beginning of the summer/ late springish. It is interesting because of my journey in life was full of ups and downs in the summer, there were different songs that God used and spoke directly to me in each of those times. It was this album that I started playing over and over and over and over. Just ask the guys who traveled with me to set up for Summer Camp and back. I think they wanted to kill me because of it. But for the first time, I couldn't help but listen to this album all the way through and over and over. I think I am even guilty of getting a few other people addicted.
2. David Crowder Band: Church Music
In the year 2000, In the year 2000, I was first introduced to David Crowder Band and their Music at Passion: One day in Memphis, Tennessee. I was annoyed by the style of music. My, how attitudes change. I love that they stay fresh, and come up with the next thing. They aren't content with doing the same stuff, and basically sing to the Lord a new song. I love the whole techno thing that is going on in this album, too.

3. Switchfoot: Hello Hurricane
It was either at Cornerstone '96, or soon after that, my sister introduced me to a little band called Switchfoot. I just plain and simple love their stuff. I think Jon Foreman has a way with words that resonates with many people. I heard 2 or 3 songs off of this album in concert 4 months before the album came out. It got me excited to finally get my hands on it, and the whole album hasn't disappointed.

1 comment:

Phil Strahm said...

I still have the Ode to Chin on cassette.

You should add Skillet's Awake album and NeedtoBreathe's The Outsiders to the list for sure...And of course Stryper had a new ablum:)