Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The restoration of... Stephen Baldwin?


As I was surfing the world wide web, I stumbled across this: The Restoration of Stephen Baldwin. You can check it out, but basically the premise is, that because Stephen started living radically for Jesus Christ, he fell upon hard times... just like Job. Somebody has taken it upon themselves to create a site to ask for donations to build his wealth based on what took place in Job 42:11.

Here are my initial thoughts on this issue:
  • Are we to assume God works the exact same way in similar situations?
  • Are the people spearheading this movement thinking God does not care about Stephen that we must come to his side?
  • Are the people spearheading this movement putting God in a box, thinking that the only way people will see that our God is greater by the "restoration" of one's bank account?
My gut reaction on this is that this is wrong. I believe in a God that can do whatever he wishes, because he is in control. At the same time. I do not want to be presumptuous on what God wants to do. I want to be a follower who listens intently on his voice and his will for my life and the lives of his children.

3 comments:

Jeremy Wilmot said...

I see both sides of this but totally the final outcome would be totally left up to God. Faith

John Shore said...

I think the important thing is for Christians to have a choice. And that is why I (also a Christian) have launched "The Restoration of John Shore." You decide which cause is more credible.

http://restorejohnshore.wordpress.com/

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

'My gut reaction on this is that this is wrong. I believe in a God that can do whatever he wishes, because he is in control. At the same time. I do not want to be presumptuous on what God wants to do. I want to be a follower who listens intently on his voice and his will for my life and the lives of his children.'

Well-stated.