Sunday, July 22, 2007

Yes, I'm back.

Its been a crazy past three weeks. 1. New York for NYGO. 2. The work week on steroids, and purchasing this... My new baby, a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport. She needs a name, so come take a ride with me to help me name her.
3. Senior/Junior High Summer Camps. with all of that done now, I have the opportunity to actually slow back down to normal summer pace.

Summer Camps were great. My favorite non-spiritual highlights were:
  • Driving a jet ski for the first time in my life
  • paint balling with the students
  • Seeing my creation in all its glory:









492 20oz Gatorade bottles and 28-30 rolls of duct tape in the raft, 15 bottles for each of the four oars. It was an awesome view to watch the cardboard boat races.
  • Finally getting to ride Maverick on my third trip to Cedar Point for the summer
Its taking me a while to process the Spiritual highlights. Some of them are:
  • Be careful when praying prayers... God may just answer them (like help in not being selfish)
  • Praying in the prayer room at 3 a.m. after Cedar Point.
  • Remembering to play like a child every once and a while
I was reminded once again how fun it is to work with Jr Highers. I love that you can earn their respect and get into their lives through being silly and they think you are the coolest. Something as simple as a pig hat can do wonders. So can catching a bird bare-handed.

I think God is on the move in my life. I feel like a brand new person as a result NYGO and camps. I've been making some mall adjustments here and there in my life, and it feels good. I'm excited to see what God is going to do next.

1 comment:

Greg said...

good to hear things are going well.
Nice jeep. I'll keep thinking of a name.