Saturday, December 08, 2007

I have forsaken my first love.

Contrary to what the title suggests, this is not a post about spiritual things... or is it? We shall see.

I must confess, I have been unfaithful. I don't exactly remember when I first fell in love, I think it was way back when life was simpler. Way back when Sunday nights held the routine of popcorn and ice cream while watching MacGyver. I think my father is responsible for introducing me, but it was so long ago. We shared many great memories... numerous vacations, went to ballgames, and spent everyday life together. There were times where we were separated, but it made the the times together all the more sweeter. Life was great, until about three weeks ago.

Two people, that I shall not name, led me astray with an unspeakable mistress. On a dare, I spent a few minutes with her, and I haven't been the same. There is something alluring about this new attraction, yet so very wrong at the same time. In the end, I think it was meant to be. My parents warned me that this would happen, and they themselves are examples to this dark occurrence.

I suppose it would be impolite to not say goodbye.It was a good run.

But now, here we go...

1 comment:

Greg said...

Seriously? Seriously? You gave up your best friend from childhood for its ugly cousin. And that's not even the cool cousin like Amp, it's like the one that somehow shows up at family functions even though uninvited. It's like cousin Eddy from National Lampoons. Seriously!

Tell your taste buds I'm sorry.