Saturday, December 22, 2007

A yearly event turned competition

On to bigger and better things...

Over a year ago, I had the privilege of meeting Dan the Graphics man, through the Derry Prenkert. This guy loves to go fishing, so that alone makes him cool. This fall, we participated in a Fantasy Football league, in which he crushed everyone. Apparently, he's slightly competitive when it comes to certain things.

For the last three years or so, I would take time off from drinking caffeinated pop, lasting about three months. The other day, Dan and I got onto the subject of refraining from this vice. Next thing you know, it has turned into a contest of who can go the longest without drinking any pop whatsoever. The winner gets the pure joy and satisfaction of victory over his foe.

So starting January 2nd, 2008, it is on. Anyone else dare to partake in this contest?

2 comments:

Phil Strahm said...

For 2007 I limited myself to 2 cans of pop a month.

I think I'm ready to eliminate it all together.

I'm in.....from far away. U supported my anti-bourne campaign so i will support your pop-free world.

And i kind of, sorta, know dan from way back when i was in middle school.

I have also eliminated Wendy's for 2008.

Chunk said...

to comment on the last line of phil's comment.

-YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!