Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Team

Here is the DCGO Team ... New Life and NMC combined:
I'm excited about this trip for several reasons:
  • The personal testimonies of these kids are amazing. We've heard stories of growing up in the religion of church, stories of hurt in relationships, lost loved ones, doing a good job of "going through the motions", and battles with depression. It is so clear to see the Christ has showed up and even wrecked these kids for the Kingdom.
  • There has been a difficult time securing some of the other leaders for this trip. I think God has a purpose and a plan behind it and it is going to be awesome to see it play out.
  • These kids have no clue what there are signed up for... I can't wait to see God show up in mighty ways this next week.
  • This is my fifth trip like this, and I have no clue what I signed up for (I do, but I don't)... each trip is different and I can't wait to see what God wants to show me on this trip about my life, my relationship with him, and my calling in life.
Ways to pray for this trip...
  1. First of all, pray for Pastor Jason. Pray that he would take this time to continue to heal physically, as he won't be going with us. With that pray that he would not be discouraged as a result of not going, and that God would just take this time to speak to him in a new way.
  2. Pray for Pastors Chris and Brad. Ask that God with give the them wisdom and clarity to lead this group of students. Along with them, Pray for Kelsey Bullock, Katelynn Miller, Peggy Bearss, Leslie Yoder, Craig Helfrich, Dustin Gill, and myself. Pray that we too would have the wisdom to ask the right questions to our students and to be patient with them.
  3. Pray that the students will understand that success is obedience to God... nothing more, nothing less.
  4. Pray that comfort zones will be stepped out of. Pray that we are put into situations where God has to show up, or we look like a bunch of failures.
  5. Pray for clarity for all of us to realize the divine appointments that are set before us.

No comments: