Monday, November 03, 2008

I have a problem...

...every once and a while, I open my mouth and vomit words and phrases before thinking about the ramifications of what is being said. Case in point:

Last Monday, I was chatting with J.T. about his beloved Fightin' Irish of Notre Dame. Before thinking, I told him that if he could get Tank Lehane to actually update his blog, I would admit to liking the football team of the forementioned institution.

Having too much faith in Lehane,(who hadn't posted on his blog in over a year) got me in trouble. Jumping at the chance to see me suffer, he finally updated his blog. So without further ado...

Growing up I liked Notre Dame I enjoyed watching Lou and his team on Saturdays stomping all over their opponents. As I got older, the local news stations started annoy the daylights out of me on how they touted the Irish as God's gift to Football. As time passed, I found it much easier to enjoy the misfortunes of the Irish. It makes it all the more enjoyable when you can find die-hard fans to heckle.

I guess I always had a special place in my heart for Notre Dame football. However, there is a roadblock for the return of this sheep to the fold.

I love the Indianapolis Colts, which mean I despise the New England Patriots. Charlie Weis. I can't stand the guy. I don't like what I've heard about his character, and that he was a part of the Patriots. So basically when I watch the Irish under Weis, I see the Patriots.

The solution you faithful followers of Irish football? Get rid of Weis, and I will be no longer your arch-nemesis.

1 comment:

derryprenkert said...

You sort of fulfilled your commitment. You would make a great politician.