Thursday, April 16, 2009

Homesick

Have you ever been homesick? I can remember I was stuck with a bunch of strangers in Pennsylvania. I wanted nothing to do with anything, or anybody. I just wanted to be home where it was safe and familiar.

Today I got homesick.

Except today, it was a little different. I had this longing to be home with Jesus. I mean, there is always a longing to be home, but this was magnified today. The question I am asking myself is, "What am I going to do with this longing?"

My best answer is to echo the prayer that Jesus taught his disciples in Matthew 6:
"...your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven..."
So, can any of you relate out there? Has life beaten you up? Are you so busy doing things for God, that you lose focus of why you where doing those things to begin with?
May you take time to realign your focus, not to just be busy, but to have purpose in the things you do.

No comments: