Sunday, April 05, 2009

The Verdict.


Ten years ago this summer, I went out to Kingdom Building Ministries in Aurora, Colorado to participate in The Laborer's Institute. My first Wednesday night back at church following TLI, I decided to race a Jr. Higher to the room that we meet in. There are two ways to get to this room, I chose the back way. On my way to the room, I kinda landed on my foot wrong going down a half flight of stairs. It made some noises an ankle shouldn't, and almost immediately started to swell up. It turned black and purple and was hard to walk on for about two weeks.
I never had my ankle looked at, and always wondered what I really did.

A couple of weeks ago, I started to run. Two Fridays ago, my foot started to hurt. After an x-ray, a bone scan, and consulting with an orthopedic dude, I discovered that I have a stress fracture in the cuboid(#7).

Now when talking to the orthopedic guy about my stress fracture, he asked me if I had a previous injury to my foot. So, because of my second injury, I did find out that I messed up my ankle ten years ago.

The verdict? I'm not as young as I used to be, and I need to be more careful.

No comments: