Monday, February 01, 2010

Playing Favorites

I'm not perfect. I display favoritism over people at times. I'm sure that frustrates people.

The church is not perfect. I see favoritism displayed and it frustrates me. One might say it isses me off.

Jesus Christ is perfect. I see favoritism, but it is an all-encompassing favoritism. He loves all of his children the same, and doesn't choose one over another.

The point?
I'm not perfect. I must not rely on my own strength for I will undoubtedly fail.
The church will at times fail because it is made of people. My focus can't solely be on the church. Jesus Christ never fails. No matter what has happened or what will happen in my life, he is the one constant.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12: 1-2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with ya Jeff! 100% :) that's a solid, AMEN!!!