Thursday, January 03, 2008

An embarrassing moment with Heidi


I love my jeep. Since I purchased it in July, I've been looking for the opportunities to fully enjoy the feature that Jeeps are known for... four wheel drive. The recent snowstorms have finally given me the chances to have some real fun.

Lets just say I have a nice open area close by. With the two recent major snows we got, I have been tickled to to death with going where I would've been stuck with my previous vehicles.

Unlike most people out there, I realize that having a 4x4 is not the end all of the problems of winter driving. It helps with traction, but where there is ice, you can still slide just like anyone else.

You see where this is going by now, right?

I was driving down up 7 after lunch yesterday, which the snow had partially choked up. A car was coming from the opposite way, so i decided to be courteous and give up some clear driving space. A little bit in some of the higher snow decided to pull me off the road... right into a ditch.

Like the title, it was embarrassing. It seem like every truck in Nappanee drove by. Eventlually a couple of good hearted gentlemen pulled me out, with the help of my own tow strap.

No comments: