Friday, January 18, 2008

A Tuesday of Firsts

So, this past Tuesday was an interesting day. As you probably know, it is my day off of work. There were three things that transpired on this day that were firsts for me. In chronologically reverse order, they are:

1. McDonald's Sweet Tea
Everybody is raving about it, as well as this guy. Yes, I'm even slower to realize it that he was, but I finally tried it. It is definitely sweet. The last time I had some good sweet tea was down in Florida at this place. Even though it was only several times, I miss going there.

2. Purchasing my first pair of snow pants
Yes, I have had snow pants before, but I'm pretty sure my parents bought them for me back when I was younger, and when winter-time consisted of digging caves in snow drifts, being towed with my cousins on a sled behind my uncle's truck through the fields, and walking down to the nearby gravel pit to go sledding there. Hopefully I will get to try them out on the slopes somewhere up North this winter.

3. I fought the Law... and the Law won.

Well, I gone and done it. After driving for more than 11 years, I finally gone and done it. After driving the same stretch of road, one learns the places to pass slow vehicles, semis, etc. What happens when Jeff tries to pass a not-so-slow semi and don't return to a reasonable speed? My first ever speeding ticket. Well, here's to another 11 years of good driving.

1 comment:

Carter Bob said...

Wow!!! Jeff Broke the law!!!! OH MY WORD!!!! That's one thing I thought I would never hear!!! Jeffy Jeffy Jeffy!!!! :D it's ok He forgives you! :D ByeBye and God Bless!!!!!

-Carter