Saturday, August 09, 2008

Sweet Victory

Saturday was a sweet victory for a friend and for myself. Let me explain. First of all, I have a buddy, his name is Jason.He's a little dressed up in this picture. That is because about an hour earlier, he was in the middle of this:Granted, its not one of my better snapshots, but I didn't want to be popping off a flash in the middle of service(like many others). He got himself married.

Now, rewind to six or seven years ago... One night he and I were having one of those deep and philosophical conversations on top of the washers and dryers in the 2nd floor laundry room in Manges Hall at Bethel College(a lot like the legendary Blueberry Campfires). I don't know how we got into, probably a conversation about who was more pathetic, that led to a friendly wager: who got married had to pay the other ten dolla on their wedding day. It was supposed to be an encouragement no matter the outcome.Needless to say, I won... the wager anyways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soooooooooooo i want to have a blueberry campfire - and lets just say that good ol' jason had to get married first because he wanted to jump her face!