Friday, February 27, 2009

Its going to be a velcro shoes day tomorrow.

I'm pulling out the back up shoes. Here is why... As I was hanging out at a friends house, it was time to leave. As it had been raining cats and dogs and men all night long, everyone parked wherever they pleased on the driveway.

As anyone knows, the parking situation can be a tricky situation. Show up last- you're good to go. But as in my case, show up early- and you are up a creek.

While trying to figure out how to get out(because I knew the ground was waaay too soft), I watched somebody attempt going into the yard to get around a couple of vehicles. Knowing the inevitable outcome, I waited with my tow straps and Jeep to come to the rescue.

This is where the fun begins. I could have been one of the people to stand around, or I could hook up the strap to the car and my Jeep. To do this, I had to get down and soaking wet to find a place to hook on to:Although the pic doesn't do it justice, I'm soaking from the knees down.

What is the point of this story? It could be that I like playing in mud puddles and using my Jeep to pull people out of being stuck.

No, my point is this: Sometimes you have to get down and messy sometimes to help a friend out.
So, is this a regular practice for me? I don't know. I want it to be, whether its literally or figuratively. How about you? Are you willing to get down and dirty for your friends?

By the way thanks to several people this week. Whether its been through Facebook, texting, or through conversations, you've made my week worthwhile.

No comments: