Tuesday, November 17, 2009

So long, old friend

I love roller coasters. That is, once I finally got over the emotional and psychological trauma of my father forcing me to go on the Ocean Motion at a very young age. In recent years, one of the classics at Cedar Point has been under appreciated and over looked by its newer and flashier sibling. I guess that is the main reason popularity for this ride diminished. It apparently was just "taking up space" at the Point.

The good news, if any, is that the ride is going to a new home.

So, here's to you, Demon Drop. Thank you for forever instilling that new ride feeling of anticipation and fear whenever I spent time with you. May you spark the those same feelings in a new generation of roller coaster enthusiasts on the left coast...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha. sad. that is one i had never been on. oh well.