Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Random thought


As we were setting up for Summer Camp in Ohio yesterday, I had a random thought... how much am I worth? I know, I know, for those of you who have the privilege of knowing me are thinking right now, "You cant put a price on that!!" To that I say, thank you, but seriously, how much am I worth if I cashed my weight in gold?

Well, to figure this out follow me back to elementary math. First of all, you need to know that there are 16 ounces in a pound. Secondly, you need to know the weight of the subject in question...I just weighed in at 185 pounds(random comment.... Thanks to the no pop challenge I'm 20 pounds lighter). Thirdly, you need to know the price of gold. As of this morning gold is around $919.77, but has been dropping, so we will round down to $900 for the sake of this experiment.

16 x 185 = 2960
2960 x 900 = $2,664, 000

I'm worth a decent amount in Gold. And by the way, those 20 pounds just lost me $288,000.

p.s. in the 15 minutes I took to post this, gold dropped to $914.40. Better buy quickly!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jared says - i'd buy you

Anonymous said...

oh and ps... its about time you post :) - jared