Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Quote of the day.

"Do you know what the problem of working in the church is?

Grace."


I said this to a pastor at church today, which caused him to fall to the ground, laughing. I was trying to explain how it seems to me like people abuse grace when it comes to working with others.

It is hard to truly explain what I mean, but inside a church the size of the one I work in, you have the ministry side and the business side. As Christians, we live under grace and working at a church, grace is present by default.

I've worked out in the 'real world' and in the confines of the church. They are very different.

When it all comes down to the core, I think I have a problem with working with grace. I want to treat the people who do well better than the people who don't.

But that is not grace, Jeff.

You are correct. I do believe that God gives everyone grace equally, from the out set. Its later on that gets confusing, but I do believe I need to work and live in the confines before it gets confusing.

So yeah, one of those stressful days, but I want to learn from it and improve my attitude at work.

No comments: