Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Go to Bethel and ___ ...

So, I'm currently at Bethel taking a break from my studies. In one my of my breaks, I have went to McDonald's to chat with a friend. In another break, I roamed to and fro on the campus.


I love to roam around the campus of Bethel, to listen to the movement of the trees, the gurgling of the ponds, to sit and watch people. There is something about this place... Something that calms my spirit - lets me slow down and listen to God in a way that is sometimes too unfamiliar to me.

Upon enrolling at Bethel eons ago, I had a feeling, that for some reason God had brought me here for a reason yet secret to me. Was it to help some girl with her Mrs. Degree? (its a joke... Well maybe partially) Was it to hasten my entry into the paid ministry? Was it for something else?

Seeing as how the first two are not happening quickly, I am leaning towards the last one. Maybe the last one incorporates the first two eventually, I don't know. But I will try to share with you what I do know.

As I roam the campus, I am also haunted of my actions here in the past. Haunted in the sense that the memories I have of previous time spent here will likely always invade my mind. I am slowly understanding why now.

God is showing me through my Biblical Interpretation class, a newfound love for his Word. As I was reading some of Yancey's "The Bible Jesus Read" God was slowly revealing a concept in a new light to me. Yancey was talking about how significant the OT was to Jesus, and is to us... How we can't have the complete story without it.

As much as I don't like to remember the past, God is showing me its necessary for several reasons:
  • I am a little thick-headed at times, and it takes a lot for me to finally pay attention to Him
  • No matter how much I don't enjoy some of the things I went through, God was with me then, and will continue to be with me now, and tomorrow

Do I know ultimately why God brought me to Bethel? Nope. But that is okay. I just need to focus and falling in love with Him, and not neglecting my studies, which I need to get back too..

No comments: