Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Light bulb moment.

As I was driving after church tonight, something hit me. I'm going to try to explain it the best I can.

Genesis 50:20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. --Joseph responding to his brothers, after they realized that they were potentially up a creek as a result to the actions against him.

James 1: 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. --James writing the book of James.

A man with more wisdom than I told me a while back that God doesn't allow us to see the Big Picture of our lives because we wouldn't know how to handle it. He only allows us small glimpses of that picture here and there, revealing more as we are ready for it.

Now, I don't know if this is part of the Big Pic in my life, but I think its pretty cool. What if those times in my life that aren't necessarily things that harm me, but are things I don't understand, are the times that God uses to accomplish good in my life... in a sense the "saving" of my life - making me a better person through the trials in my life?

Tonight I realized that I need to not look to the future and what I want, but make the most of the opportunities here and now. In the past weeks and month, I believe God has been trying to show me to and make the most of the opportunities, the conversations, and friendships that are before me. Granted I may not understand any of these, but I think I may be on to something that will make me a better person, listener, and Christ follower. That is what I desire.

Clear as Mud? Good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw thanks for your comment. hehe. i get excited when i get comments. anyways... your blog was encouraging to read. just thought i would let you know that. Hope you are having a good day :)

Megan Rendall said...

yes you did. now what? haha