Monday, September 15, 2008

Random story

So, apparently my last post was a little too disturbing for some people out there. In light of that, here is a less disturbing random story. Or two.

Growing up, I lived in the country, but not on a farm. I might as well have, for as much time as I spent at my Amish neighbors' or at my Grandpa's. One thing that intrigued me is that one of my neighbors had a plethora of rabbits. I decided that I wanted to give raising rabbits a shot. I can't remember off hand how long I had them, but it was close to a year.

I've been to Cornerstone Music Festival in Bushnell, Ill twice. Coincidentally, in 1996, I camped several hundred feet away from the one and only Derry Prenkert before I actually ever met him. If there is one thing you need to know about Cornerstone, it is that there is absolutely nothing that is out of the ordinary.

In 2000, (the year I camped next to Theodore) I was walking down a road towards one of the venues, when I had to stop and look at a campsite. What I saw that grabbed me attention was a bunny sitting on a lawn chair. When I stopped and stared, it got up and its hind legs and stared back at me. The only thing I could do was shrug my shoulders and move on. The next pic.... I've got nothing. I needed two happier pics.
Except for...Butterfly in the sky....

1 comment:

Chunk said...

oh, so you had to bring "theodore" into this? i do recall cornerstone 2000 as being the year that we had the big paper plate shortage, hmm....yes, the mystery.

good times my friend, good times!