Sunday, September 14, 2008

Would you like a balloon?

Once upon a time, when I was a lot younger, I watched something that gave me nightmares. I don't know if I had a lot of them, I just remembered that I was scared of several things for a time in my youth.

The first thing was I was afraid to go down the steps in the basement at our house. It didn't help that that my dad would be on the other side of the steps and grabbing at my ankles, but I also remember watching a very scarry movie on video or t.v.

The second thing I was also afraid of for a while was clowns, that's right, clowns. Now I don't suffer from Coulrophobia now, it must have been just a temporary thing due to a horror movie. Does anyone know which movie?
Time for some images:If you don't know by now, this is from the movie "It" from Stephen King. I decided to watch it last night. Its not as scary as I remember, but its still pretty darn creepy. I mean a clown in a storm drain, how can that not be creepy?

7 comments:

derryprenkert said...

I bordered on feelings of hatred for you because of this post.
Why would you do this to me?
I will not hate, but thanks for nightmares tonight.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha that is funny....I remember in middle school, I would walk to my friend's house early in the morning, while it was still dark out, and be terrified to walk over the drains in fear of a clown grabbing me!

Janelle Prenkert said...

oh my gosh. No wonder people are scared of clowns. I've I'd seem that movie, I would be too.

Kristy Mikel said...

why would you even post something like that?! seriously...are we not friends?! scarred for life jeffrey...scarred for life!

Anonymous said...

hmm... so i have never seen the movie... but i don't think the clown looks that scary from the pictures. lol.

Jeffrey Simpson said...

This post wasn't done out of malcontent. I'd be more than happy to let anyone borrow the movie. Think of it as an unconventional way of therapy. I'm here for you.

ChadPeterson said...

That movie made me fear gutters.