Monday, September 22, 2008

Thoughts from the day

  • I've been thinking a lot about the passage out of James... 3:1-2 to be more specific. It just so happened that a podcast I listened to while working was covering the same thing. Kinda funny how that is. And its a reminder of how serious a responsibility it is to be a teacher.
  • I think I feel like I have the same tendencies that David. There are times I think everything is great, and other times I think the world is crashing down on me. I guess its comforting to know that someone else has gone through it before me.
  • I also can relate to the children of Israel on the Exodus. Far too often I forget the many things God has done for me, and get too focused on the here and now before me. Once I take the time to step out of my situations, I can gain a clearer perspective on life. It helps to have other people around to help do the reminding.

No comments: